Youth Advisory Council
The Youth Advisory Council is an opportunity for high school students in Florida's 27th District to meet with peers to discuss important political issues and ways of getting involved locally with Congresswoman Donna Shalala's District Office.
If selected, your term would be for one year with the option of reapplying if you are not an incoming senior. Students must be able to attend all of four scheduled quarterly meetings to remain in good standing with the Council. All meetings will be scheduled with at least one month’s notice to ensure Member’s availability.
- Must reside within Florida's 27th Congressional District
- Completed Application Form
- Completed and signed Consent Form
- Updated Resume/CV
- Official high school transcripts
- One-page essay explaining why you wish to be a Member of the Council
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Forms and Resources
Youth Advisory Council Application Form
Youth Advisory Council Consent Form
Youth Advisory Council Flyer
Am I a Constituent?
If you have any questions, please contact Jacky Sanchez at Jacky.Sanchez@mail.house.gov or (305) 668-2285.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2019